Most visitors to Mexico need a visa to enter the country. Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries, which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Mexico, tourist visa may be valid for 15 to 30 days.
Tourist visa can only be obtained in Mexican embassies, consulates abroad. Otherwise, you can get a visa at the border gates if you are invitees of some Mexican competent organs or you are travelling on a package tour organized by Mexican travel companies. To apply for a visa, the requirements are as follows:
- Entry permit from (which can vary from one Mexican embassies or consulate abroad to another) – There are two categories of this form: for foreigners and for Mexican overseas.
- Two photos (4cm x 6cm or 3cm x 4cm).
- Original passport
- Visa fee
You should send your application and photos to a Mexican embassy or consulate abroad, which is most convenient to you. On your requirement, the reply will be returned by post (you must provide stamped envelopes with your name and address).
- Full name
- Birthday and place of birth
- Passport number
- Entry and exit date
- Country you plan to receive your entry visa from the Mexican embassies or consulates Mexican overseas are required to provide more information
- Year and reason of leaving Mexico
- Leave Mexico by means
- Full names and addresses of relations in Mexico
Nationals of 65 countries and jurisdictions holding normal passports do not require a visa to enter Mexico as tourists, visitors in transit or business visitors. Tourists and business visitors can stay in Mexico for up to 180 days. Visitors in transit can stay for up to 30 days, please check if you need visa with Mexican embassy.